In this policy, "us", "we" or "our" means Femflix Pty Ltd ( ABN 81634736833). This policy describes how we collect, handle, use and disclose your “personal information.”
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Act"). At Femflix, we are committed to protecting your privacy as a user of our service.
Customer Service, Request for Information and Complaints
All requests and complaints will be kept confidential. Complaints will be assessed by our Privacy Officer, who will aim to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Definition of Personal Information
As defined by the Act, generally, personal information is any information that can be used to identify you, including name, age, gender, postcode, financial information such as your credit card information, and contact details such as your phone number and email address.
What personal information we collect and hold
The following are types of personal information we may collect and hold:
- Your name, postal or street address, phone number or other contact details, email address, date of birth, age, credit card information
- Details about your viewing preferences, title selections, search queries and when you provide ratings or taste preferences
- Details about your interactions with our customer services (including but not limited to date, time and reason for contacting us, call records and conversation records)
- Information when you choose to provide account settings or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information relating to products and/or services you have used or purchased from us, or enquired about and any further information necessary to respond to your enquiries or deliver said products or services to you.
- Information or details provided by you directly or indirectly through our websites or indirectly through our representatives or otherwise, or through other websites or accounts from which you grant permission for us to collect information.
- Your interactions with our emails, texts, or with our messages through push and online messaging channels.
- Other information we may require in order to facilitate your interactions and dealings with us.
Cookies, beacons and similar technologies
Cookies are small data files that are often stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services, which often work in conjunction with web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images, also known as single-pixel gifs or clear gifs, that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites, and allow us to count the number of users who have visited.
These technologies allow us to receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. These technologies may collect information like your geolocation data, your device’s IP address, information about websites your IP address has come from or the next website visited by it, or the pages accessed on our websites.
Why do we use these technologies?
We use technologies such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services,. We may use this technology to collect additional information about your interaction with Femflix websites, products or services. For example, we use website analytics tools on our websites to retrieve information about your use of our services.
There are a number of reasons we collect this kind of information. We may use this information to:
- Ensure you can use our services easily by remembering you when you return
- Report statistics, analyse trends, identify and report fraud,
- Administer our services and diagnose problems
- Gather demographic and behavioural information to tailor our marketing or advertising and target and improve the quality of our products and services.
We may include web beacons on all webpages on our website/products/services in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We may also use web beacons from third parties to assist us in obtaining statistics regarding the operations of our website. For example, when you receive e-newsletters or promotional e-mails from us, we may use web beacons, customised links or similar technologies to determine whether our e-mail has been opened and which links you clicked. This helps us provide you with more tailored email communication.
Your personal information
There are various circumstances in which we may collect your personal information, including but not limited to the following:
- When you register for and use our online services by creating an account, including telling us about your preferences in your user profile or your user habits that that we learn through your use of the services;
- Through accessing and using our website;
- When you communicate with one of our team members;
- When you register your interest to access a free trial or to access Femflix services;
- When you make an enquiry or complaint
- When you contact us to provide feedback, make a suggestion or make an enquiry about our programs or our activities and functions. This includes on our main website and also on our associated social media channels.
- When you participate in a Femflix survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- When you engage with us through the Femflix community, including our main website and also through our associated social media platforms.
- Otherwise interact with us or disclose your personal information to us
Information usage and third parties
From time to time, we may collect information data from reputable data sources, publicly available sources or from third parties. We may use this information in conjunction with the information we hold about you, in order to help us better understand your user habits, trends and preferences.
Third parties may include (but are not limited to):
- People or organisations who conduct surveys run competitions/giveaways or other promotions on behalf of us
- People or organisations who provide us with data/marketing analysis or marketing leads
- Employees or prospective employees, supervisors, previous employers, other employees or intermediaries such as recruitment agents.
- Government entities, law enforcement entities, regulators or alike bodies such as credit reporting agencies.
- Social media accounts and services, where you consent to us collecting such information from those services, including when you sign up to Femflix services or connect your third party social networking service profile to Femflix services;
- Contractors, business partners, advertisers or mailing lists
How we hold and store personal information
We may hold your personal information (including information we may receive from third parties) electronically, as a hard copy, or a combination of both. We have taken a number of electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including by means encryption security protocols, IP blocking, malicious bot detection and rejection and advanced mass download detection protocols.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Purpose and function
Generally we only collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose or closely related secondary purpose for which we collect information about you. These purposes include:
- To assess your application for Femflix services, provide you with access to the services and to customise and personalise your experience
- To provide products and services to you including providing you with news, advice or other information about our Femflix service and products
- To ensure you are provided with optimal and effective customer service
- To communicate with you (by phone, post or email)
- To customise the advertising and content that is displayed to suit your preferences and interests.
For us & our third parties
- To verify your identity
- To ensure our Femflix service and products are properly managed, operating effectively and enhanced where needed.
- To conduct competitions or promotions on our behalf (and on behalf of third parties)
- To conduct business processing functions for operation of our website, our service or our business;
- For our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of third parties including contractors, partners or external service providers;
- To provide information (including personal information) to our shareholders and their related bodies corporate for the purpose of, for example, providing data matching and targeted advertising services;
- To provide as part of business data to third parties if you have authorised us to do so;
- To provide your updated personal information to us, our contractors or external service providers;
- For credit verification purposes, transactions, fraud and credit worthiness;
- To investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- As required or permitted by any law
If we do not have access to your personal information
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested, and/or we may not be able to provide you with updates or information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions.
Disclosure of your personal information
Purposes for which we disclose your personal information include:
For our team:
- To our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise in connection with providing our products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment and other transaction processors, photographic analysers, promotions agencies, customer support providers, statistical analysis providers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
For our third parties
- To our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners
- To our promoters and sponsors we engage through our services
- Other specified third parties you have authorised to receive information held by us;
- Any relevant law enforcement or regulatory body, including the police
- Relevant authority such as your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary; and/or
- As we are required to or permitted by any law
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information to our external service providers and/or content owners and distributors located outside of Australia for some of the purposes listed above. In doing so, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these international recipients do not breach the privacy obligations relating to personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- Content owners and distributors based internationally
- Data hosting and Cloud-based IT service and web providers
- Other external technology partners and service providers located internationally
From time to time, we may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services or other material that we think you might like or find useful. If you do not want to receive our direct marketing communication, there is an option to opt out. If you are receiving email communications from us, there will be a mechanism to opt out contained in each of those emails (eg. an ‘unsubscribe’ link). If you subscribe to our Femflix email newsletters or have created a Femflix account, you can log in to the Femflix website and change your account settings through the appropriate link on the subscription preferences page.
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Unless expressly authorised by you, we do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing..
If you choose to opt out of all direct marketing communications, please note that Femflix may still contact you for other reasonable purposes, including information that we are legally required to send, notifications of changes to our services or policies and information regarding the use, rights, benefits or obligations of users of our services.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details above.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
You may request access to your personal information we hold, or correct or update inaccurate or outdated personal information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. You can use the details provided above to contact us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will take reasonable steps to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (eg. by posting or emailing it to you). If you have created a Femflix account, you can access and correct your information by logging in to the Femflix website. If you require a hard copy of your personal information we may charge an administration fee.
We will ask you to verify your identity if you make an access request. There may be certain exceptional circumstances where we will refuse your access request (For example, if granting you access would compromise the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality). If such exceptional circumstances exist, we will provide you with written reasons for our refusal.
We kindly ask that you keep your information as current as possible so that we can provide our service in an efficient manner, and also continue to improve it. If your details change, please update them via your Femflix account, or notify us as soon as you can.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the Femflix service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. Individuals under the age of 18 may only utilise the service with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.